LIFE

Speaking on everyday ordeals of life.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Where The Good Guys At?

I find myself pretty smart and attractive, but does that count anymore in the world today in finding a nice guy, partner, or mate? Let's not talk about the other extras I posses. Any how I'm not perfect. Who is? I know that there are women out there who has a lot of great things going on for them, meaning: Educated, smart, attractive, and successful. I wonder if men are intimated by strong women? Men have approach me saying, " how attractive I am, but they were afraid to ask me out". That was pretty strange to me, because I am so down to earth, why would anyone think that. I know that there is someone for everyone, that's what I've heard anyway. Are people really shallow when it comes to looks, career path, and material gain? Is there any true love anymore? I know, I have so many questions. I find myself looking at the type of guys I have dated in the past and the guys I choose to date now and it has changed a little. I tend to look at the realness in people, but don't get me wrong I don't want to date a looser! A few of my girlfriends said they rather have guy friend's with benefits instead of having a steady boyfriend. The reason they said that was previous relationships they were in their guy cheated on them. Is anyone faithful anymore? And if you don't know what friends with benefits mean, it's seeing someone with no strings attached. How many people are doing that these days and keeping it real all at that same time? Is that why there are more single people and less marriages? I find the saying true that good men are hard to find, but I'm not really looking.

I also feel that having friends with benefits is coo, but that's not what I really prefer. I would rather be in a serious relationship with someone who is charming, intellectual, attractive, and funny. Can I get all that in one man? I have a problem with a man who has sexual relations with a woman behind close doors, but won't be seen with her in public. Even saying that, most guys that do really care for that person. We all know men love sex, so if he's not getting it from you he's getting it somewhere.

So, are women getting desperate in trying to find true love? How many times have you dated someone that wasn't your type, just because? I guess everyone would like to have prince charming, only in fairy tales right. I really don't think that some men like it when a woman can take charge and run her own business. Does it then turn into a battle of the genders(LOL)? I guess there's so much competiveness and everyone is trying to play keep up. Yes, society has changed in more ways then one. What happened to the good old days when things were simple!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home